Monday, September 1, 2008

Late Afternoon Labor Day Shopping



James was less than enthusiastic about a quick run to the mall. He does not like the idea of walking around the mall very much. But then after the sad resignation that his protests were not going to cancel the plan, he saw a reason to shop - THE ESCALATOR. In a flash he was off to ride the escalator. As he walked away I firmly said, "James, come back here." He took a quick glance behind to see me. He clearly had decided that whatever the consequences for running were going to be, they were worth the thrill of the ride he was about to enjoy. I quickly picked up the pace catch up to him. I did not want him to fall so I told him to turn around and pay attention to where he was going. After a nice ride up and down, before we knew it, he was off again. This time Mom went to get him. If James is not looking for an escalator he is looking for a place to sit down. Our mall is great because there are some great places to just sit and wait for Mom and sister. A little shopping at the mall with James goes a long way for both James and me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I don't know if you remember me, but I met your family and your James down by the river shopping in Branson. My little brother, Zach, is 7 and he has Down's. I've kept in touch with Holly and I just love looking at her pictures of James - he is a great little guy. I definitely connect with your family. We love Zach and wouldn't be able to imagine our lives without him. He teaches us SO much about loving others without reservation. Thank you for this blog. I've laughed and cried reading your posts. I hope to read all the way through! :)

Kristen Draper