Wednesday, December 24, 2008

GO TO STORE!



James came home Tuesday very much in the Christmas spirit. When I got home he immediately asked me to take him to the store. James what do you want to buy at the store? "Whales and green chips and Sprite" I told him that maybe after the news I could take him. I really thought he would forget all about it but he did not. He came in dressed and ready to go and so off we went to the dollar store. We got our basket and after about a 20 minute walk down the toy aisle where all of the interesting toys got a good demonstration we went on to buy what he came for. In the mean time, I got some great ideas for a few more gifts for him. He loved the little plastic basketball game, the funny teeth, every ball in the store, the rifles that made a shooting noise and the recorder.

We found the aisle looking for "green" pringles his prevailing favorite chip. I told him he could get two of each item. We found the "Whales" (for those who don't know what Whales are, they are cheese crackers in the shape of whales). He knelt down and looked up at me and said, "one for me... " and put it in the basket. Then he got another box and said "one for...me again". And then with a hopeful look in his eyes, perhaps hoping to capitalize on the Christmas spirit in the air, he put a third box of whales in the basket and said, "three for...me". I had to play the scrooge and told him only two boxes. then I tried to get him to buy some off brand of Sprite. He would have none of that and ran up to the front of the stores to the cooler and pulled out Sprite. Two bottles of Sprite. Before I knew it he had gone up to the counter and was checking out. I ran after him and thanks to some money sent from Grandpa and Grandma in the Philippines he got to buy everything in his basket. He was one happy boy and is loving Christmas.

No comments: