Friday, November 7, 2008

Limousine


James has long been fascinated with limousines. I think he has seen them on television and things they are pretty cool. When we see them in traffic they always get his attention and start his imagination thinking about riding in one. When DJ and Sarah Kelley got married, one of the decorations at the reception was a match box car limousine. DJ knowing about James' fascination with them gave him the toy to take home. It is one he loves to play with.

The other day he told me that he was going to go on a date in a limousine. While we do our best to downplay any kind of dating ideas, they are a part of life and have not been ignored by our little guy. When I asked who he was going on a date with he answered "my girlfriends". Girlfriends, I responded. How many girlfriends do you have? He responded quite confidently, "twinny (twenty)". So that's why you need a limousine. I guess as long as he has twenty girlfriends that sounds more like a group of friends than a date. Friends are good. The limousine? Who knows, maybe someday.

No comments: